Thursday, November 21, 2013

Snow Day

January of this year was the worst.  It really was brutal.  If I remember correctly it was the third coldest January on record in Utah.  Our house had icicles on it forever.  They took months to completely melt.  We couldn't take down our Christmas lights because they were frozen in the ice.  We were stuck in an inversion and it was just miserable with a capital M.
It all started with a big snow storm.  I believe we got 24 inches.  School was cancelled.  I have never loved snow, but the kids enjoyed their snow day.  Of course it was a race to see who could get to the slide first.
It was really hard for them to walk around.
Snow angels were attempted, but really didn't turn out very well.
Alivia really wanted to swing, but she couldn't get up.
The snow was fun to play in on the first day, but after that it was just too cold to be enjoyable.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I don't remember how much snow we had, but I absolutely remember the freezing rain! I had been working at breaking it for quite awhile before a neighbor (who is from the east coast) came over and showed me how to properly break it up. :) haha Yeah -- that freezing rain was AWFUL.