Saturday, March 2, 2013

Annual Fishing Trip

Usually the first Saturday in August is reserved for our annual fishing trip to Mirror Lake.  We look forward to this day every year.  We get up extremely early and often the kids don't make it out of their pajamas that day.  Colby gets to do all of the hard work and the kids just like to reel them in. 
Alivia was more concerned about wearing pink than she was about catching fish.
Here's my dad and Chris very patiently waiting for a fish to bite.  Waiting............
It is best if my mom casts my dad's pole out into the water.  He is certainly not known for his casting abilities, but rather the lack thereof.
Here is the final haul that we left with that day.  Sadly I don't have a picture of this, but I really did learn how to gut and filet fish that day.  I wasn't very good at it, but I did learn.  And I will probably have to relearn again next year since I haven't had any practice since last August.

No comments: