Sunday, September 9, 2012

I Can See Clearly Now..

..my contacts are gone. Just shortly after we got back from California, I had my eyes fixed. I was beyond excited and just a little bit nervous. When I went in for an evaluation last December they told me I had thin corneas and that I didn't qualify for LASIK, but I did qualify for PRK. I was actually thrilled because I was quite nervous about the idea of them cutting a flap in my cornea and with PRK they just change the shape of your cornea from the outside, no flap cutting required. The only downside is that your vision doesn't become perfect immediately. For me, it took about 2 months. I really didn't care though because my vision was still drastically better than it had ever been and now it is fantastic. For the first couple of days, I felt great. But, on the third day after I had it done I wondered if I had made the right choice. I felt like I had sand in my eyes and I could feel that my eyes were swollen. So I laid on the couch all day with a cold pack on my face and kept my bottle of Advil handy. Also, I had to tape these sexy things to my face at night for about a week.
Once I made it past day 3, it has been smooth sailing. The best part is waking up in the morning and being able to see. It is such an amazing thing and I'm so glad I had it done. Seriously one of the best things I have ever done.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

That's great! :) And I LOVE your nighttime glasses. haha :) P.S. I didn't know there were other choices besides Lasik!