Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Side of the Story

Hello. I was born on June 8, 2010 and I weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces. My name is Alivia Delyn. It took my parents two days in the hospital to finally decide that this is what my name should be and already my mom is wondering if they made the right choice. I went to the doctor's office for the first time last week; here is how the conversation with the receptionist went down:
Receptionist: "What is her name?"
My Mom: "Alivia, A-L-I-V-I-A"
Receptionist: "Wait, what? The first letter is an A? Start over please."
My Mom: "A-L-I-V-I-A"
Receptionist: "Oh, okay. What is her middle name?"
My Mom: "Delyn."
Receptionist: "Um...I'll just put a D."
We finally got to see the doctor after waiting over an hour. He took a look at my name and said, "that's interesting, why did you spell it starting with an A?" I also had to get my heel pricked so they could check my jaundice level and the phlebotomist asked the same question. Apparently I cry funny too because at my next visit when they pricked my heel and I started to cry, the phlebotomist said, "well that is an interesting sound. Most newborns sound like cats when they cry, but hers is definitely unique. I can't really tell what she sounds like." For the first visit I was dressed in a pink onesie and three people asked my mother "how old is he?" I can't figure out why any parent would put their baby boy in pink clothes and if you don't know the gender of the child, you could simply say, "how old is your baby?" Problem solved.
I am growing. Apparently it just isn't fast enough as I have to go back to the doctor next week to get my weight checked. Hopefully by then I will weigh 8 pounds 5 ounces.
I have a fair amount of hair, most of it is on the back of my head.


Right now I do a lot of sleeping and eating. That pretty much takes up the entire day.

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Love your post, Delyn! :) :) Alivia -- with an 'A' -- is beautiful! You make cute babies! :) :) We have similar name issues with Rais. Sometimes people pronounce it "rice." Now come on, would I seriously name my kid "rice"???! Anyway, I don't think you should change her name. I think it's unique and beautiful. :)

vallarie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vallarie said...

She is adorable!! Of course! Hey! Had I known you had posted these pictures of Alivia I would have checked your blog sooner. ;) She is so cute! Where's her bow? Just curious. hehehe!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute Delyn!!! I like Alivia too. I had a favor to ask you and I don't know if this is taboo with the Nuttal fam but ever since Colby and mine uncle died I have wanted the family to understand bipolar better. from someone who is a better example and whose life is not going to end in suicide. so I am basically asking you to follow my blog and read my story because bipolar is genetic and may pop up in the next generation. We need to know about it so it isn't scary or taboo. So if you would like please follow my blog and learn a little bit about what it is.

www.megandeweyclark.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Delyn I gave you the sugar doll award. Which means you need to go to my blog and look it up under awards to get your award because I don't know how to send pictures via comment. but you post your award on your blog and post 10 things about you and pass the award on to 10 other people. so it is pretty fun. just check it out at my blog
www.megandeweyclark.blogspot.com

Shellie and Bryan said...

What a cute post. Talk about name drama. I bet that was fun. We get the boy comment for our girls still and they are almost 4 months! Alivia sure is cute. I hope you are all doing well! :)